- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Roy Williams Files Lawsuit To Regain Possession Of Engagement Ring… That He Sent In The Mail
It would appear that someone desperately needs to explain the rules of courtship to Roy Williams.
The Dallas Cowboys receiver has filed a lawsuit in an effort to regain possession of a $76,600 engagement ring he sent to former Miss Texas USA Brooke Daniels after she declined his proposal. A ring he sent to her in the mail.
In an affidavit signed by Williams, the former University of Texas star claims he sent Daniels $5,000 for school and dental bills, a baseball for her brother, the ring and a recorded marriage proposal through the mail just before Valentine’s Day.
Williams alleges that when he asked for the ring back, Daniels claimed she had lost it. After Williams reported it lost to his insurance agency it was discovered that her father had the ring.
Michael Daniels says that he will return it to avoid a lawsuit, but claimes he has documentation that Williams told his daughter to keep the ring.
According to the Odessa American:
Engagement rings fall under the conditional-gift rule. As applied by Texas courts, the conditional-gift rule contains an element of fault. Texas courts have held that the conditional-gift rule operates to require that the engagement ring be returned to the donor upon termination of the engagement, if the donee is at fault in terminating the engagement. If the donor is at fault, the ring doesn’t have to be returned.
Williams may not technically be at fault in terminating the engagement, but he might as well be for proposing via the United States Postal Service. Worst proposal ever?
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs