- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
So The NFL Is About To Have Its First Openly Gay Player
So the great thing about Michael Sam’s announcement today is that it isn’t his first. He came out as gay to his Missouri football teammates earlier — during the 2013 season — and not only did they support him, they kept it a secret. That allowed Sam to make the announcement to everyone else in his own time. And that’s pretty awesome.
Michael Sam — College Football Superstar Reveals … I'M GAY http://t.co/lcX0f4j2to
— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) February 10, 2014
And he did it before the NFL combine (see below).
— Josh Krulewitz (@jksports) February 10, 2014
Above is the ESPN report as it concerns the NFL. One can tell that the league was ready for this day to happen … but it probably didn’t think it would happen so soon.
So the NFL will have (most likely: he was SEC Defensive Player of the Year) its first openly gay player. Some will undoubtedly say that Sam is being hailed as a hero for doing nothing, but those people don’t understand what courage this takes, or the nature of trailblazers. And to them, nothing the rest of us say can help.
— Michael Sam (@MikeSamFootball) February 10, 2014
— R-O (@DJ_R_O) February 10, 2014
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier