- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
So The NFL Is About To Have Its First Openly Gay Player
So the great thing about Michael Sam’s announcement today is that it isn’t his first. He came out as gay to his Missouri football teammates earlier — during the 2013 season — and not only did they support him, they kept it a secret. That allowed Sam to make the announcement to everyone else in his own time. And that’s pretty awesome.
Michael Sam — College Football Superstar Reveals … I'M GAY http://t.co/lcX0f4j2to
— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) February 10, 2014
And he did it before the NFL combine (see below).
— Josh Krulewitz (@jksports) February 10, 2014
Above is the ESPN report as it concerns the NFL. One can tell that the league was ready for this day to happen … but it probably didn’t think it would happen so soon.
So the NFL will have (most likely: he was SEC Defensive Player of the Year) its first openly gay player. Some will undoubtedly say that Sam is being hailed as a hero for doing nothing, but those people don’t understand what courage this takes, or the nature of trailblazers. And to them, nothing the rest of us say can help.
— Michael Sam (@MikeSamFootball) February 10, 2014
— R-O (@DJ_R_O) February 10, 2014
- I Could Make More Money at McDonalds
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed