- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Rams RB Steven Jackson Pays Tribute To Eric Dickerson (Photo)
NFL Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson spent most of his best years with the Los Angeles Rams. And the goggles he wore gave him something of a signature look:
The Rams have changed cities and uniforms since those days, but for yesterday’s 20-10 win over the Panthers, they donned throwback threads – and for a brief moment, the team’s current star running back, Steven Jackson, took after one of the franchise’s greats:
Jackson lost the goggles and reverted to his normal face mask shield once the game started, but the fact that he sported the look at all was enough to impress us – and enough for Yahoo’s Shutdown Corner to name him a top performer of the week, despite that he had a mediocre game (23 carries, 59 yards).
Also, seeing the throwback unis reminded us that, while the Rams’ current attire is nice and everything, we can’t help but miss the blue-and-yellow color scheme, and especially those old home uniforms. But an old-school homage like Jackson’s makes us feel better.
Photos via here and here
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts