- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Texas — Yes, Texas — Sports Anchor Wins The Week With Awesome Michael Sam Commentary
Dale Hansen is the sports anchor at ABC local affiliate WFAA in Dallas, and on Wednesday he took some time to deliver a segment on Michael Sam, the Missouri linebacker who recently came out as gay.
The piece drew hundreds of positive comments and went viral, which surprised Hansen, who said that he was only talking about what he thought was right. Excerpt:
You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You’re the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy’s welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they’re welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We’re comfortable with that.
And this was his signature paragraph, which I find quite profound.
“I’m not always comfortable when a man tells me he’s gay; I don’t understand his world,” Hansen adds later. “But I do understand that he’s part of mine.”
You need to see this video if you haven’t already.
Dale Hansen—sports anchor who delivered that speech re: Michael Sam—spoke bravely about being a sexual-assault victim http://t.co/iRPsztgtEX
— Asawin Suebsaeng (@swin24) February 13, 2014
- Filed Under:
- michael sam
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story