- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Texas — Yes, Texas — Sports Anchor Wins The Week With Awesome Michael Sam Commentary
Dale Hansen is the sports anchor at ABC local affiliate WFAA in Dallas, and on Wednesday he took some time to deliver a segment on Michael Sam, the Missouri linebacker who recently came out as gay.
The piece drew hundreds of positive comments and went viral, which surprised Hansen, who said that he was only talking about what he thought was right. Excerpt:
You beat a woman and drag her down a flight of stairs, pulling her hair out by the roots? You’re the fourth guy taken in the NFL draft. You kill people while driving drunk? That guy’s welcome. Players caught in hotel rooms with illegal drugs and prostitutes? We know they’re welcome. Players accused of rape and pay the woman to go away? You lie to police, trying to cover up a murder? We’re comfortable with that.
And this was his signature paragraph, which I find quite profound.
“I’m not always comfortable when a man tells me he’s gay; I don’t understand his world,” Hansen adds later. “But I do understand that he’s part of mine.”
You need to see this video if you haven’t already.
Dale Hansen—sports anchor who delivered that speech re: Michael Sam—spoke bravely about being a sexual-assault victim http://t.co/iRPsztgtEX
— Asawin Suebsaeng (@swin24) February 13, 2014
- Filed Under:
- michael sam
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy