- Jack White Doing His Best To Look Miserable At The Cubs Game
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Quarterbacks
- Tour de France: Thomas Voeckler Stops To Yell At Hecklers, Finishes Second
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: AFC East Preview & Sleepers
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The 49ers Just Attempted A 71-Yard Field Goal
Or more precisely it was a free kick — and Phil Dawson appeared to have the distance, but it was wide left. The Rams had just punted and San Francisco called for a fair catch at their own 39 with :04 seconds remaining in the second quarter. So instead of a Hail Mary or some other type of nonsense, Jim Harbaugh pulled out that part of the rulebook in which you get a free kick following a fair catch if you want. Per the NFL Network broadcast:
“The last time a free kick field goal attempt was successful was Ray Wersching in 1976.” Also a 49er.
San Francisco ahead 14-3 at halftime. Over/under on the number of fake punts Jeff Fisher will attempt in the second half: 5.
- Filed Under:
- san francisco 49ers
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Frenkie Edgar Slams B.J. Penn Seeks New Matches
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead