- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The 49ers Just Attempted A 71-Yard Field Goal
Or more precisely it was a free kick — and Phil Dawson appeared to have the distance, but it was wide left. The Rams had just punted and San Francisco called for a fair catch at their own 39 with :04 seconds remaining in the second quarter. So instead of a Hail Mary or some other type of nonsense, Jim Harbaugh pulled out that part of the rulebook in which you get a free kick following a fair catch if you want. Per the NFL Network broadcast:
“The last time a free kick field goal attempt was successful was Ray Wersching in 1976.” Also a 49er.
San Francisco ahead 14-3 at halftime. Over/under on the number of fake punts Jeff Fisher will attempt in the second half: 5.
- Filed Under:
- san francisco 49ers
- Colin Kaepernick Finally Speaks Up: Is He Guilty?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.