- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The 49ers Just Attempted A 71-Yard Field Goal
Or more precisely it was a free kick — and Phil Dawson appeared to have the distance, but it was wide left. The Rams had just punted and San Francisco called for a fair catch at their own 39 with :04 seconds remaining in the second quarter. So instead of a Hail Mary or some other type of nonsense, Jim Harbaugh pulled out that part of the rulebook in which you get a free kick following a fair catch if you want. Per the NFL Network broadcast:
“The last time a free kick field goal attempt was successful was Ray Wersching in 1976.” Also a 49er.
San Francisco ahead 14-3 at halftime. Over/under on the number of fake punts Jeff Fisher will attempt in the second half: 5.
- Filed Under:
- san francisco 49ers
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Beauty AND The Beast
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship