- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The 49ers Just Attempted A 71-Yard Field Goal
Or more precisely it was a free kick — and Phil Dawson appeared to have the distance, but it was wide left. The Rams had just punted and San Francisco called for a fair catch at their own 39 with :04 seconds remaining in the second quarter. So instead of a Hail Mary or some other type of nonsense, Jim Harbaugh pulled out that part of the rulebook in which you get a free kick following a fair catch if you want. Per the NFL Network broadcast:
“The last time a free kick field goal attempt was successful was Ray Wersching in 1976.” Also a 49er.
San Francisco ahead 14-3 at halftime. Over/under on the number of fake punts Jeff Fisher will attempt in the second half: 5.
- Filed Under:
- san francisco 49ers
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'