- 3 Dumb Ways To Change the NBA Draft Lottery As Dumb As Current System
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- World Trashes Kobe; Kobe Responds With Vintage Performance
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The 49ers Just Attempted A 71-Yard Field Goal
Or more precisely it was a free kick — and Phil Dawson appeared to have the distance, but it was wide left. The Rams had just punted and San Francisco called for a fair catch at their own 39 with :04 seconds remaining in the second quarter. So instead of a Hail Mary or some other type of nonsense, Jim Harbaugh pulled out that part of the rulebook in which you get a free kick following a fair catch if you want. Per the NFL Network broadcast:
“The last time a free kick field goal attempt was successful was Ray Wersching in 1976.” Also a 49er.
San Francisco ahead 14-3 at halftime. Over/under on the number of fake punts Jeff Fisher will attempt in the second half: 5.
- Filed Under:
- san francisco 49ers
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- Shane Mosley Jr. Tastes The Bitterness of Defeat
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World