- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The New Tampa Bay Buccaneers Logo Is Here, And It’s Angry
So when was the last time that an NFL team really changed its logo? Can’t say that the Dolphins count, as their 2013 makeover was simply another dolphin doing a different trick. The Jaguars changed helmet color but left the logo intact. And Detroit just gave their lion a bath and blow dry. So here’s the new Tampa Bay Buccaneers logo and helmet, which basically just gave the skull more of an attitude, and included a larger flag.
Another look at the new Tampa Bay Buccaneers helmet. pic.twitter.com/4FERe7pkiL
— Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) February 21, 2014
The skull seems to be saying: “You got me out of bed for this? I’m barely different than the old one! Grrrr.”
It’s not as popular as they had hoped.
The "newly redesigned ??" Tampa Bay Buccaneers helmet looks TERRIBLE! Making the flag 700 time bigger just looks lazy..
— Dave Dymek (@bassman78) February 21, 2014
It took an episode of “Total Access” and both Warren Sapp and Gerald McCoy to announce the new logo tonight, in which viewers had to wait almost an hour for the big reveal. In the end, it was just a tweak or two, with the biggest change being the chrome facemask. Compare it with the old logo here.
As big a business as the NFL has become, don’t expect huge changes in branding. The next really new logo we’re going to see is probably going to come if and when Los Angeles gets a team.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts