- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
The Super Bowl Will Be Surrounded By Pro-Marijuana Billboards On Sunday
Welcome to Super Baked XLVIII … or for brevity’s sake, let’s just call it High V. As you know, it’s the first Super Bowl between two teams from states where marijuana is legal, and of course that means the pro-marijuana factions will be out in force around MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, where it is not (except for medicinal purposes).
Yeah, the graphic above will be on a billboard near Met Life on Sunday, as will the four below. Visitors will be surrounded: it’s the marketing world’s version of second-hand smoke.
The billboards are the handiwork of the Washington D.C.-based Marijuana Policy Project.
“Hopefully it’s going to inspire people to talk to one another about marijuana and particularly its relative harms compared to alcohol and football,” said Mason Tvert, the director of communications at MPP.
In other Super Bowl weed news:
* A Seattle-area cannabis grower has invented a strain called “Beast Mode”. Seattle Times: “It’s extremely strong,” said Nate “Diggity” Johnson, owner of the Queen Anne Cannabis Club, which carries the strain named after the burly Seahawks running back. “Most of the weed sold in Seattle medical-marijuana dispensaries has a THC content between 12 and 20 percent. An indica-dominant strain of the OG Kush family, Beast Mode has a THC content of 17.6, according to testing by Analytical 360,” Johnson said.
* Ice Cube is advising that viewers do not light up the ganja during the Super Bowl.
- Filed Under:
- Super Bowl
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee