- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Super Bowl Will Be Surrounded By Pro-Marijuana Billboards On Sunday
Welcome to Super Baked XLVIII … or for brevity’s sake, let’s just call it High V. As you know, it’s the first Super Bowl between two teams from states where marijuana is legal, and of course that means the pro-marijuana factions will be out in force around MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, where it is not (except for medicinal purposes).
Yeah, the graphic above will be on a billboard near Met Life on Sunday, as will the four below. Visitors will be surrounded: it’s the marketing world’s version of second-hand smoke.
The billboards are the handiwork of the Washington D.C.-based Marijuana Policy Project.
“Hopefully it’s going to inspire people to talk to one another about marijuana and particularly its relative harms compared to alcohol and football,” said Mason Tvert, the director of communications at MPP.
In other Super Bowl weed news:
* A Seattle-area cannabis grower has invented a strain called “Beast Mode”. Seattle Times: “It’s extremely strong,” said Nate “Diggity” Johnson, owner of the Queen Anne Cannabis Club, which carries the strain named after the burly Seahawks running back. “Most of the weed sold in Seattle medical-marijuana dispensaries has a THC content between 12 and 20 percent. An indica-dominant strain of the OG Kush family, Beast Mode has a THC content of 17.6, according to testing by Analytical 360,” Johnson said.
* Ice Cube is advising that viewers do not light up the ganja during the Super Bowl.
- Filed Under:
- Super Bowl
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers