- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Super Bowl Will Be Surrounded By Pro-Marijuana Billboards On Sunday
Welcome to Super Baked XLVIII … or for brevity’s sake, let’s just call it High V. As you know, it’s the first Super Bowl between two teams from states where marijuana is legal, and of course that means the pro-marijuana factions will be out in force around MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, where it is not (except for medicinal purposes).
Yeah, the graphic above will be on a billboard near Met Life on Sunday, as will the four below. Visitors will be surrounded: it’s the marketing world’s version of second-hand smoke.
The billboards are the handiwork of the Washington D.C.-based Marijuana Policy Project.
“Hopefully it’s going to inspire people to talk to one another about marijuana and particularly its relative harms compared to alcohol and football,” said Mason Tvert, the director of communications at MPP.
In other Super Bowl weed news:
* A Seattle-area cannabis grower has invented a strain called “Beast Mode”. Seattle Times: “It’s extremely strong,” said Nate “Diggity” Johnson, owner of the Queen Anne Cannabis Club, which carries the strain named after the burly Seahawks running back. “Most of the weed sold in Seattle medical-marijuana dispensaries has a THC content between 12 and 20 percent. An indica-dominant strain of the OG Kush family, Beast Mode has a THC content of 17.6, according to testing by Analytical 360,” Johnson said.
* Ice Cube is advising that viewers do not light up the ganja during the Super Bowl.
- Filed Under:
- Super Bowl
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends