- Stephen A. Smith Goes Off On Steelers Running Backs For Their Weed Bust
- TBT: That Time The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Magician
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Watch Tim Tebow’s Overtime Touchdown Pass To Upset The Steelers
Well, of course it happened like that. Of course the first NFL overtime playoff game under the league’s new playoff OT rules (adopted last year) would involve Tim Tebow. And of course Tebow would immediately make himself the star of that first overtime game by tossing a game-winning 80-yard catch-and-run touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas on the first play of extra time. We all act amazed, but really, in hindsight…was there any other way this could go?
Well, on the one hand, of course there was. The Steelers had been the better team since the Broncos’ 20-point second-quarter explosion, and in many ways, Tebow was pretty much ordinary Tebow today. He only completed 10 of 21 passes, including a particularly ugly one to an open receiver late in regulation on a drive that could have given the Broncos the lead. And the Broncos’ insane comeback-laden winning streak felt like a thing of the distant past after they lost their final three regular season games.
But this one was different. Of course this one was different. Tebow only completed 10 passes, but he made those completions count – they totaled 316 yards*, and he added 50 more on the ground. And that overtime touchdown – the craziest way possible for it to end, and sure enough, that’s just what happens. (If the first team to possess the ball in overtime scores a touchdown, the game still ends immediately; if they do anything less, the other team gets the ball.) Is it even worth being surprised by this stuff anymore? The Patriots should beat the Broncos next week. Should. Will they? I don’t have a damn clue. It’s Tebow Time once again. Video of the game-ending play below, by CJ Fogler.
*UPDATE: Oh God (pun pretty much intended), I didn’t even realize this before people started pointing it out – 316 yards! 316! 3:16! Are you kidding me?! What else can happen at this point?! Guess we all find out next weekend.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts