- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Watch Tim Tebow’s Overtime Touchdown Pass To Upset The Steelers
Well, of course it happened like that. Of course the first NFL overtime playoff game under the league’s new playoff OT rules (adopted last year) would involve Tim Tebow. And of course Tebow would immediately make himself the star of that first overtime game by tossing a game-winning 80-yard catch-and-run touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas on the first play of extra time. We all act amazed, but really, in hindsight…was there any other way this could go?
Well, on the one hand, of course there was. The Steelers had been the better team since the Broncos’ 20-point second-quarter explosion, and in many ways, Tebow was pretty much ordinary Tebow today. He only completed 10 of 21 passes, including a particularly ugly one to an open receiver late in regulation on a drive that could have given the Broncos the lead. And the Broncos’ insane comeback-laden winning streak felt like a thing of the distant past after they lost their final three regular season games.
But this one was different. Of course this one was different. Tebow only completed 10 passes, but he made those completions count – they totaled 316 yards*, and he added 50 more on the ground. And that overtime touchdown – the craziest way possible for it to end, and sure enough, that’s just what happens. (If the first team to possess the ball in overtime scores a touchdown, the game still ends immediately; if they do anything less, the other team gets the ball.) Is it even worth being surprised by this stuff anymore? The Patriots should beat the Broncos next week. Should. Will they? I don’t have a damn clue. It’s Tebow Time once again. Video of the game-ending play below, by CJ Fogler.
*UPDATE: Oh God (pun pretty much intended), I didn’t even realize this before people started pointing it out – 316 yards! 316! 3:16! Are you kidding me?! What else can happen at this point?! Guess we all find out next weekend.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence