- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
WORST NEWS EVER: Tim Tebow, Vince Young Fired For Not Being Good Enough At Football
He’s gone. Oh why? Oh why? (He actually had two TDs against the Giants in the last preseason game.)
Via ESPN: The New England Patriots have released polarizing quarterback Tim Tebow, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Tebow, who signed with the Patriots in June, struggled to find consistency throughout the preseason, completing 11 of 30 passes for 145 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. He never seriously threatened Ryan Mallett for the backup job behind Tom Brady.
In his final preseason game Thursday night against the New York Giants, Tebow completed 6 of 11 passes for 91 yards with two TDs and one interception. He also was sacked four times.
Asked after Thursday’s game if he felt that performance improved his chances of making the team, Tebow said, “I’m not sure. I don’t make those decisions.”
Ya, come to think of it, he looked awfully slow for a supposedly mobile quarterback. And he throws the ball like that drunk guy at the beach. We’re going out on a limb and saying his pro career is over. In the meantime, catch up on the latest Tim Tebow Sci-fi fantasy fiction series: Time Tebow (via Dick Buttkiss Sports.)
Or just watch what very well was his last touchdown pass. Ever.
And while we’re on the subject of once relevant college QBs who are kicking around the NFL, Vince Young — despite an impressive outing last week, as well — has been cut by the Green Bay Packers. Cheesecake Factory’s stock just plummeted.
Thanks to the @packers for the opportunity great organization great team wonderful fans good luck this season.
— Vince Young (@VinceYoung) August 31, 2013
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story