- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Troy Aikman Is Less Than Thrilled With Skip Bayless Over Those Old Rumors That He’s Gay
Once upon a time, in a book about the Dallas Cowboys, Skip Bayless mentioned rumors that Troy Aikman might be gay. Years later, Bayless stood by including those rumors in his book. And now a couple years after that, Aikman’s talking about those rumors. And if you can believe it, he’s less than thrilled.
During a recent radio appearance, the topic of those 15-year-old rumors came up, and it was clear Aikman hasn’t forgotten. Asked how he reacts to a rumor being spread like that, Aikman responded, “Not real well,” then added, “I’m not so sure Skip’s not gay,” just to make sure the rumor was floating in both directions, we guess. From there, it turned into Aikman saying he hasn’t actually run into Bayless since the book came out, and then started making vague threat-esque claims (“I still kinda wonder what I might do to him”).
And then: (unintentional, we’re pretty sure) double entendre time. Bayless hinted Aikman might be gay, Aikman had just finished half-heartedly suggesting Bayless might be gay, and the question from the host regarding a potential meeting between the two was:
“You don’t think it’ll get physical, do you?”
Yes, it was a reference to fighting, but…yeah. (Aikman responded that he didn’t know whether or not it would get physical.) So: guy publicizes rumor about other guy being gay, with minimal substance backing it up. Guy responds by saying he might beat the other guy up if he saw him in person, and makes a baseless claim that the guy who made the original flimsy claim might be gay. Not exactly a watershed moment for tolerance in sports.
- Colin Kaepernick Finally Speaks Up: Is He Guilty?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.