- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Are The Redskins Changing Their Name To The Washington Bravehearts?
Dan Snyder said not long ago that he’d never change the Washington Redskins nickname. He even wrote an incredibly dumb letter about it. You know that we’d be on board with this, since we stopped using the name, replacing it with suggestions from our readers. (Except when talking about the name change, like above, because it’d be really confusing otherwise.)
But TMZ thinks Snyder might be starting to give in (to the humane, non-ridiculous group). It’s TMZ, so be skeptical, but the evidence sounds fair.
Here’s what we know. Redskins owner Dan Snyder lives in Potomac, Maryland, a few doors down from a very rich dude, Aris Mardirossian. Aris, a wealthy patent investor, registered the name, WASHINGTON BRAVEHEARTS on October 17th. According to the Trademark application, obtained by TMZSports, Aris plans to use the name for “Entertainment in the nature of football games.”
This part is true. What it means: nothing definitive. But Bravehearts is a damn good name, and we’re completely on board with this. TMZ called lots of people to gather intel, and got nothing. Nobody would answer. That’s probably a good sign.
An RG3 “Braveharts” jersey would probably be the best-selling jersey of all-time, and now I want one, even though I’m not a Washington Footballers fan.
If for some reason this potential change from old, offensive nickname to awesome nickname offends you, you are dumb, and you need to shut up.
(Of course, the name “Bravehearts” ironically brings to mind noted bigot, Mel Gibson. But we’ll choose to ignore that, because the name itself is not bigoted, and it’s cool.)
- Filed Under:
- washington redskins
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts