- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Our Contest Is Over, And We’re Officially Calling The Washington Redskins The ‘Washington…’
As we explained a week ago, the SportsGrid staff has decided to stop using the term, “Washington Redskins.” Right now. That was the last time we’ll write it.
So, which suggestion was the winner?
Well, there was none. I personally wanted to call them the “Washington Foreskins,” as suggested by a couple of readers, but my colleagues felt uneasy writing “Foreskins” multiple times per week, and although I couldn’t relate to their bashfulness, I understood. They also pointed out that it would get old quickly, and they’re probably right. We all loved “Washington Americans” as a real name, like, one Dan Snyder should actually use, but it wasn’t funny enough for universal use. Wouldn’t hit ol’ Dan hard enough in the ribs.
So, we will simply call them whatever we feel like at the time we are writing, no matter if it comes from your excellent suggestions, our own minds, or written on the men’s bathroom stall at your local KFC. Feel free to keep sending them in.
Me? I’ll probably use “Washington Potato Skins” a lot.
- Filed Under:
- washington redskins
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- Top 5 Reasons the New York Giants Suck