- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Our Contest Is Over, And We’re Officially Calling The Washington Redskins The ‘Washington…’
As we explained a week ago, the SportsGrid staff has decided to stop using the term, “Washington Redskins.” Right now. That was the last time we’ll write it.
So, which suggestion was the winner?
Well, there was none. I personally wanted to call them the “Washington Foreskins,” as suggested by a couple of readers, but my colleagues felt uneasy writing “Foreskins” multiple times per week, and although I couldn’t relate to their bashfulness, I understood. They also pointed out that it would get old quickly, and they’re probably right. We all loved “Washington Americans” as a real name, like, one Dan Snyder should actually use, but it wasn’t funny enough for universal use. Wouldn’t hit ol’ Dan hard enough in the ribs.
So, we will simply call them whatever we feel like at the time we are writing, no matter if it comes from your excellent suggestions, our own minds, or written on the men’s bathroom stall at your local KFC. Feel free to keep sending them in.
Me? I’ll probably use “Washington Potato Skins” a lot.
- Filed Under:
- washington redskins
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce