- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Our Contest Is Over, And We’re Officially Calling The Washington Redskins The ‘Washington…’
As we explained a week ago, the SportsGrid staff has decided to stop using the term, “Washington Redskins.” Right now. That was the last time we’ll write it.
So, which suggestion was the winner?
Well, there was none. I personally wanted to call them the “Washington Foreskins,” as suggested by a couple of readers, but my colleagues felt uneasy writing “Foreskins” multiple times per week, and although I couldn’t relate to their bashfulness, I understood. They also pointed out that it would get old quickly, and they’re probably right. We all loved “Washington Americans” as a real name, like, one Dan Snyder should actually use, but it wasn’t funny enough for universal use. Wouldn’t hit ol’ Dan hard enough in the ribs.
So, we will simply call them whatever we feel like at the time we are writing, no matter if it comes from your excellent suggestions, our own minds, or written on the men’s bathroom stall at your local KFC. Feel free to keep sending them in.
Me? I’ll probably use “Washington Potato Skins” a lot.
- Filed Under:
- washington redskins
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?