- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Notre Dame-Syracuse Fans Brawl In Douchebag National Championship
- Will Ferrell, Chris Rock And Kevin Hart Wish Derek Jeter Farewell
- More FIFA 15 Glitches, Like The Nude Midfielder And Ball-Less Throw-In
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Our Contest Is Over, And We’re Officially Calling The Washington Redskins The ‘Washington…’
As we explained a week ago, the SportsGrid staff has decided to stop using the term, “Washington Redskins.” Right now. That was the last time we’ll write it.
So, which suggestion was the winner?
Well, there was none. I personally wanted to call them the “Washington Foreskins,” as suggested by a couple of readers, but my colleagues felt uneasy writing “Foreskins” multiple times per week, and although I couldn’t relate to their bashfulness, I understood. They also pointed out that it would get old quickly, and they’re probably right. We all loved “Washington Americans” as a real name, like, one Dan Snyder should actually use, but it wasn’t funny enough for universal use. Wouldn’t hit ol’ Dan hard enough in the ribs.
So, we will simply call them whatever we feel like at the time we are writing, no matter if it comes from your excellent suggestions, our own minds, or written on the men’s bathroom stall at your local KFC. Feel free to keep sending them in.
Me? I’ll probably use “Washington Potato Skins” a lot.
- Filed Under:
- washington redskins
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts