- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Watch Steelers Safety Ryan Clark’s Dirty Hit On Giants Receiver Victor Cruz
Professional football is a violent game, no doubt. But there is no room in the sport for plays like this.
In the second quarter of today’s game between Pittsburgh and New York, the Giants face a 3rd-and-goal from the two yard line. Eli Manning took the snap, evaded the rush, and threw a bullet intended for receiver Victor Cruz that fell incomplete, forcing a fourth down. Or so it would have, if Pittsburgh safety Ryan Clark hadn’t illegally speared him in the end zone for the unnecessary roughness penalty to give New York a first-and-goal.
Both an idiotic and dangerous play for Clark, as it not only gave New York a fresh set of downs, but also put Cruz’s safety as risk, as Cruz lay motionless in the end zone after the hit.
Watch Clark’s hit on an unsuspecting Cruz:
Thankfully, Cruz would just be momentarily shaken up with a rib injury and the Giants would score on the next play. Way to go, Clark, you idiot.
And just to show that instant karma will get you, the Giants returned a Ben Roethlisberger fumble for a touchdown on the ensuing Pittsburgh drive.
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- Tim Tebow Used by Ref to Describe Terrible Passing
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC