- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Watch Titans Punt Returner Marc Mariani Break His Leg, But Proceed With Caution (GRAPHIC)
Yes, this injury was so bad we had to censor the gruesome scene in the screen cap, just so those who are faint of heart don’t have to forcibly stomach what happened to Marc Mariani Thursday night. Sitting with Joe Theismann and Willis McGahee on a pedestal you’d never want to be on, the broken leg Mariani suffered in a pre-season game against the Cardinals is one of the more grotesque football injuries you’ll ever see — should you dare. You can press play below, but don’t say we didn’t warn you.
You can’t help but feel terrible for this guy. Chris Berman and Trent Dilfer speculated that he might never play football again, which, based on the evident protrusion of his bone poking through his sock, might be a reasonable, saddening prognostication.
We hope Marc makes a fast, effective recovery. Nobody’s leg should ever be in that position.
[Video via CJ Fogler]
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen