- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
World’s Most Unpopular Region Right Now: The Toyota Red Zone
Of the many, many social media objections to the NFL Network’s new Toyota Red Zone graphic, I think that @LegallyErin said it best: WTF with the huge “Toyota Red Zone”. Jesus. But don’t expect the graphic, seen below, to go away anytime soon. The 49ers and Toyota have just agreed to a multi-million dollar deal.
San Francisco station's red zone advertising for 49ers preseason is IN YOUR FACE pic.twitter.com/9LlqsrCiTN
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) August 7, 2014
Death to the Toyota redzone before the season starts.
— Keep It 100 Sports (@KeepIt100Sports) August 7, 2014
— Jack (@MrJackCohen) August 7, 2014
In the context of the new 68,500-person Santa Clara stadium, the sponsorship deal will translate to a hulking “Toyota Plaza” at the Northeast Entrance of the stadium. Toyota will also get to attach its brand to 49ers touchdowns; “Toyota Red Zone” will flash across screens in the tech-heavy stadium anytime the team’s offense makes it past the 20-yard line.
The deal extends to 49ers broadcasts on KPIX/The NFL Network, as my eyes are being bombarded with the big, intrusive graphic as I type this. (It’s not a national thing with other teams … yet).
It’s not a popular item.
Dear @nflnetwork, when you put that Toyota Red Zone thing on the field we can't see anything. It's horrible. Please stop.
— Jason browning (@jasonbrowning23) August 7, 2014
This Toyota red zone thing scared me and disgusted me all at the same time! Calm down @nflnetwork
— Joe Martini (@JoeMartini90) August 7, 2014
TOYOTA REDZONE. AHHH MY EYES.
— Dima (@suckatsports) August 7, 2014
Will Toyota tweak it? My bet is yes. They’ll probably make it bigger.
- Filed Under:
- san francisco 49ers
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts