- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Celebrity Chef Wants To Buy Washington D.C.'s NFL Team Through Kickstarter
- Russians Are Trying To Turn A Wu-Tang Track Into An Olympic Sport
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Brandon Dubinsky Destroys A Gatorade Cooler After Being Ejected
With a collision in the corner, the Senators’ Matt Carkner took exception to a hit by the Ranger’s Brian Boyle and uncorked a series of punches at Boyle’s head. Boyle went turtle as he was clearly not prepared to fight Carkner, and Dubinsky jumped to his defense. As the 3rd man in an altercation, Dubinsky was ejected. Even though the call is technically correct – everyone else on the ice was right behind Dubinsky so it feels like the typically liberal playoff rules should have been in effect.
Both Keith Jones and Mike Milbury agreed that Carkner is likely to face a suspension for his actions, and it’s pretty easy to see why. If your opponent doesn’t drop the gloves and covers up, etiquette for a tough guy usually dictates laying off and letting him have it verbally. There wasn’t much to the hit, so I have no idea what Carkner actually took exception to, but it resulted in a 5 minute power play for the Rangers.
As for the Gatorade cooler? It paid the price for its location – wrong place, wrong time:
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- 20 Unbreakable Baseball Records
- Amir Khan: 'Floyd Mayweather's The Boss'
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players