- The 6 Most Disappointingly Slow Fantasy Baseball Starts
- These Are The Top 5 Worst Plays Of The NBA Season, According To Shaq
- Now There's Video Of Paulina Gretzky's Controversial Golf Digest Cover Shoot
- COLLEGE BASEBALL MADNESS: How To Steal Home For A Walk-Off Win
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Just The Edmonton Oilers Using The Mighty Ducks’ Flying V To Generate A Scoring Chance
On Tuesday night, The Edmonton Oilers lost 6-3 to the San Jose Sharks. Early in the first period, as the game was already beginning to slip away, Edmonton recovered the puck behind its own net and began a breakout. Whether or not it was by design, it’s hard to tell – but there’s something extremely familiar about this formation…
Like, really familiar…
Why yes! It is in fact the famed “Flying V” championed by America’s favorite Mighty Ducks. Too bad the Oilers didn’t actually score a goal, and we wish they hadn’t abandoned the formation so quickly. Still, defenseman Justin Schultz nearly found Ryan Smyth driving to the net for a tap-in goal, and so we can credit the Flying V for creating a scoring chance. Which, all in all, is still quite nifty.
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed