- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Just The Edmonton Oilers Using The Mighty Ducks’ Flying V To Generate A Scoring Chance
On Tuesday night, The Edmonton Oilers lost 6-3 to the San Jose Sharks. Early in the first period, as the game was already beginning to slip away, Edmonton recovered the puck behind its own net and began a breakout. Whether or not it was by design, it’s hard to tell – but there’s something extremely familiar about this formation…
Like, really familiar…
Why yes! It is in fact the famed “Flying V” championed by America’s favorite Mighty Ducks. Too bad the Oilers didn’t actually score a goal, and we wish they hadn’t abandoned the formation so quickly. Still, defenseman Justin Schultz nearly found Ryan Smyth driving to the net for a tap-in goal, and so we can credit the Flying V for creating a scoring chance. Which, all in all, is still quite nifty.
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?