- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
This Is One Of The Year’s Most Unusual Goals
That black spot on the shoulder of Washington Capitals’ goalie Michael Neuvirth is not supposed to be there – that’s the puck, and the path it traveled to go in the net was a little bit out of the ordinary.
Matt Moulson was just trying to use the screen set by John Tavares in front of the net and get a deflection, and that’s what he got. He surely didn’t anticipate the way the puck actually went in the net.
The puck often has a mind of its own, and even though Neuvirth realized the puck was behind him, turning to find it actually caused an own goal. The Islanders would go on to lose in the skills challenge, or as the NHL calls it, the shootout.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success