- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
A Goalie Mask That Pays Tribute To Mustaches Is The Best Kind Of Goalie Mask
Even if you’ve never participated yourself in Movember, chances are you’re familiar with it. During the month of November, men are encouraged to grow mustaches to raise awareness (and, ideally, money) for men’s health issues like prostate cancer – a.k.a. the only circumstance under which growing a mustache should be acceptable for most guys. (Exceptions include former Red Sox first base coach Lynn Jones, Ron Swanson, and this guy.) It’s hard not to see Movember as a good thing.
Anaheim Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller, though, is taking the proceedings to another level. Goalie masks are among sports’ greatest outlets for artistic creativity, but we’ve never seen one quite like the one Hiller will debut next month, seen above and originally featured on The Goalie Guild. With the help of mask manufacturer Airxess, Hiller will depict teammates rocking ‘stache looks of all stripes. (We can only hope his teammates will follow suit and actually grow the mustaches themselves.)
The mutiple-portrait look reminds us somewhat of those 1999 U.S. Ryder Cup uniforms, only rather than being possibly the worst crime ever committed against fashion, this mask is actually tremendous. It’s funny (because let’s face it, mustaches are funny), it’s creative, it’s way less ugly than the Ryder Cup shirt, and it’s for a good cause. What better Movember tribute could you ask for than that?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story