- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
A Goalie Mask That Pays Tribute To Mustaches Is The Best Kind Of Goalie Mask
Even if you’ve never participated yourself in Movember, chances are you’re familiar with it. During the month of November, men are encouraged to grow mustaches to raise awareness (and, ideally, money) for men’s health issues like prostate cancer – a.k.a. the only circumstance under which growing a mustache should be acceptable for most guys. (Exceptions include former Red Sox first base coach Lynn Jones, Ron Swanson, and this guy.) It’s hard not to see Movember as a good thing.
Anaheim Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller, though, is taking the proceedings to another level. Goalie masks are among sports’ greatest outlets for artistic creativity, but we’ve never seen one quite like the one Hiller will debut next month, seen above and originally featured on The Goalie Guild. With the help of mask manufacturer Airxess, Hiller will depict teammates rocking ‘stache looks of all stripes. (We can only hope his teammates will follow suit and actually grow the mustaches themselves.)
The mutiple-portrait look reminds us somewhat of those 1999 U.S. Ryder Cup uniforms, only rather than being possibly the worst crime ever committed against fashion, this mask is actually tremendous. It’s funny (because let’s face it, mustaches are funny), it’s creative, it’s way less ugly than the Ryder Cup shirt, and it’s for a good cause. What better Movember tribute could you ask for than that?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?