- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
A Goalie Mask That Pays Tribute To Mustaches Is The Best Kind Of Goalie Mask
Even if you’ve never participated yourself in Movember, chances are you’re familiar with it. During the month of November, men are encouraged to grow mustaches to raise awareness (and, ideally, money) for men’s health issues like prostate cancer – a.k.a. the only circumstance under which growing a mustache should be acceptable for most guys. (Exceptions include former Red Sox first base coach Lynn Jones, Ron Swanson, and this guy.) It’s hard not to see Movember as a good thing.
Anaheim Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller, though, is taking the proceedings to another level. Goalie masks are among sports’ greatest outlets for artistic creativity, but we’ve never seen one quite like the one Hiller will debut next month, seen above and originally featured on The Goalie Guild. With the help of mask manufacturer Airxess, Hiller will depict teammates rocking ‘stache looks of all stripes. (We can only hope his teammates will follow suit and actually grow the mustaches themselves.)
The mutiple-portrait look reminds us somewhat of those 1999 U.S. Ryder Cup uniforms, only rather than being possibly the worst crime ever committed against fashion, this mask is actually tremendous. It’s funny (because let’s face it, mustaches are funny), it’s creative, it’s way less ugly than the Ryder Cup shirt, and it’s for a good cause. What better Movember tribute could you ask for than that?
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs