- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Here's Video Of Colin Kaepernick Saying... Something To Lamarr Houston
- 13 Sports Rules We Should Change Because I Said So
- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
San Jose Sharks Announcers Try To Make Fun Of Vancouver’s “Green Men,” Fail Miserably, Citing Snow Globes And Basements And Virginity
The Vancouver Canucks, body-suit-wearing superfans known as the Green Men are beloved stalwarts of the modern NHL. But the Canucks are playing the San Jose Sharks in the playoffs, and the announcers felt the need to mock these fine men’s contributions to society. I appreciate the effort, but can’t applaud the jokes themselves. I’ve been heckled by hecklers as being a “Virgin!” at a sporting event, and I found it tired and boring and unfunny. I suppose the snow globe joke forced an awkward chuckle. But I think we, as an advanced people that have produced a hovercraft golf cart, can heckle better than this.
Next time, I suggest mocking the deformity of the bulges in their suits (dick jokes are never not hilarious), or perhaps the fact that they are Canadian, which always tugs a laugh string in the hearts of fine, law-abiding ‘Mericans.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee