- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Team USA Doesn’t Want No Stinking Bronze Medal, Loses 5-0 To Finland
Well that was embarrassing. From potential heros and all that “the best team in the tournament” talk, to empty nets and empty necks — the U.S. hockey team got shellacked by the Fins. Did they pack it in? Of course they did — real Americans don’t bother with ordinary metals like bronze (which isn’t even on the periodic table because it’s some sort of copper-tin bullshit ripoff). Sounds like it’d give you an allergic reaction, anyways. Stay classy, Team USA — thanks for wasting all your goals on Slovenia or whoever (after which they’ve been shutout for six consecutive periods). And didn’t the women’s team already beat Finland 3-1 earlier in the tournament? Ya, so that counts. Series tied at 1-1. Consider this one a wash.
Have a beer on us and come back home ready to pretend like the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics never happen.
Zach Parise on NBCSN: "They played like they had something to win, and we just kind of shut it down. … It wasn't a good effort by us."
— Mike Cole (@MikeColeNESN) February 22, 2014
The loss, which is tied for the largest shutout loss in U.S. Men’s Olympic Hockey history, came on short rest after an admittedly exhausting contest against Canada, who’ll be playing Sweden tomorrow in the Gold medal game. Good for them.
Also, good for 43-year-old Teemu Selanne, who scored two goals despite being 43-years-old.
And good for Vladimir Putin, who’s consolation prize was hand-delivered by a country Russia annexed 80 years ago.*
Lastly, good for American NHL fans, who can go back to giving a fuck about the important version of the game, which is played in America, for money, because freedom and sweet cars and Twitter or something.
Suck it, Winter Olympic hockey. We’ll never forgive you for all this. Or this…
*Correction via message board
Photo via Getty
- Ultimate Warrior's Hall Of Fame Speech Among Most Iconic WWE Moments
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released