- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
This Is The Closest You’ll See To Flopping In The NHL Playoffs
Shane Doan was thrown out of tonight’s Coyotes-Kings game for a boarding call that made a bloody mess out of Trevor Lewis’ face. But was he the victim of what the NHL would consider a “flop”? The NBA knows all about flopping, but hockey players wouldn’t know how to fake an injury if they tried. Unfortunately, this looks to be the exception.
Normally, a violent hit in a hockey game that results in blood being spilled would be called “hockey.” But it looks like Lewis saw Doan coming, turned his face towards the boards, and intentionally took a brutal hit in order to get a call against Doan.
Doan is the Coyotes captain and big hitter — losing him for rest of the game was a big gain for the Kings. Indeed: as of this writing, the Kings are up 3-0 midway through the third period. It will be interesting to see if Doan gets suspended at all for a hit that was made worse by the victim’s actions, not his own.
What do you think, America? A worthy toss, or a hockey flop?
- Filed Under:
- NHL Playoffs
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts