- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
This Is The Closest You’ll See To Flopping In The NHL Playoffs
Shane Doan was thrown out of tonight’s Coyotes-Kings game for a boarding call that made a bloody mess out of Trevor Lewis’ face. But was he the victim of what the NHL would consider a “flop”? The NBA knows all about flopping, but hockey players wouldn’t know how to fake an injury if they tried. Unfortunately, this looks to be the exception.
Normally, a violent hit in a hockey game that results in blood being spilled would be called “hockey.” But it looks like Lewis saw Doan coming, turned his face towards the boards, and intentionally took a brutal hit in order to get a call against Doan.
Doan is the Coyotes captain and big hitter — losing him for rest of the game was a big gain for the Kings. Indeed: as of this writing, the Kings are up 3-0 midway through the third period. It will be interesting to see if Doan gets suspended at all for a hit that was made worse by the victim’s actions, not his own.
What do you think, America? A worthy toss, or a hockey flop?
- Filed Under:
- NHL Playoffs
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager