- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Daily Yam: Pavel Datsyuk Fired A Killer Wrist Shot Past Corey Crawford
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night forward Pavel Datsyuk helped the Red Wings take a 2-1 series lead on the Blackhawks with a nasty wrister that made goalie Corey Crawford look foolish.
Your Daily Yam.
Coming into this series, Crawford had a 1.27 goals against average in the postseason, which is to say he has played well. But not even a good goalie — perhaps not even a great goalie — could have stopped this twisted wrister (ouch sorry I know I know):
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a puck jump in and out of the goal that fast — and I’ve seen over seven hockey games this year alone.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Knicks continued to sit at home in the dark and think about their mistakes; the Indians had an awesome comeback win capped by a walkoff three-run homer against the Mariners, 10-8; the Yankees also came back to win in extras, beating the Orioles 6-4 thanks to Travis Hafner’s late heroics.
What’s On Tap Today?
The NBA returns with Game 2 of the Spurs-Grizzlies series, 9 p.m. ET; Bruins-Rangers at 7:30 p.m. ET; Kings-Sharks at 10 p.m. ET.
It’s Tuesday. I don’t know but I’ve been told, the world outside is super warm.
- This Sexy Soccer Star Shows It Off In SI Swimsuit Issue
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.