- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Today In Classy: Blackhawks Take Out Full Page Ad In Boston Globe, Thank City For Its Hospitality
Following the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Finals, in which the Chicago Blackhawks topped the Boston Bruins in six games after a shocking finish in the final game, Blackhawks chairman Rocky Wirtz and CEO John McDonough took out a full-page ad in the Boston Globe. In a stunning display of sportsmanship, they thanked the city, the Bruins, and the people of Boston.
Here’s the ad:
If you recall, after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Chicago Tribune ran a fairly moving sports front page in tribute to Boston, which you can see below:
But they later took it back when the Blackhawks ended up facing off against the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals, as you can see here:
At least the Chicago Blackhawks organization was classier than their city’s newspaper. You stay classy, Chicago.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen