- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Today In Classy: Blackhawks Take Out Full Page Ad In Boston Globe, Thank City For Its Hospitality
Following the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Finals, in which the Chicago Blackhawks topped the Boston Bruins in six games after a shocking finish in the final game, Blackhawks chairman Rocky Wirtz and CEO John McDonough took out a full-page ad in the Boston Globe. In a stunning display of sportsmanship, they thanked the city, the Bruins, and the people of Boston.
Here’s the ad:
If you recall, after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Chicago Tribune ran a fairly moving sports front page in tribute to Boston, which you can see below:
But they later took it back when the Blackhawks ended up facing off against the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals, as you can see here:
At least the Chicago Blackhawks organization was classier than their city’s newspaper. You stay classy, Chicago.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?