- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
“A Sickening Clash”: Chelsea Star Didier Drogba Knocked Unconscious, Stretchered Off After Injury Against Norwich
One of the world’s most famous soccer stars was left lying motionless on the pitch after a being knocked cold by Norwich keeper John Ruddy.
Midway through the second half of the 1-1 tie Didier Drogba, from an offside position, went up to head a pass as Ruddy rose to punch it away, knocking Drogba cold out and crashing to the ground.
Drogba would be unresponsive as he was strapped onto a stretcher and taken off the pitch. We’ll update this story as news on Drogba’s condition becomes available.
Edit, 1:53 EDT: The Associated Press reported Drogba has a mild concussion but will be released tonight from hospital.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success