- All Is Well With The Patriots Defense, But Their Offense...
- MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Goes Off On NFL, Adrian Peterson
- NFLPA Files Appeal Of Ray Rice's Indefinite Suspension
- Bryan Cranston Is 'Baseball'
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
An ‘Aaron Ramsey Curse’? When Arsenal Midfielder Scores, A Celebrity Dies
I’ve been following this pretty much from the beginning, but have’t written about it until now because morbid, superstitious poppycock. But because SO many on the Internet are typing madly about it (see Twitter stream below), how can I ignore it? It’s a Dan Brown novel of social media … just one Justin Bieber death from becoming the next crackpot religion, like Scientology, or Sabermetrics.
Simply put, there is a belief out there that each time Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey scores a goal, a celebrity will die within 24 hours. Yeah, stupid … but one has to admit that it’s getting a bit weird at this point. The latest: Richard Attenborough.
R.I.P Richard Attenborough The Aaron Ramsey goal curse strikes again. pic.twitter.com/y88r0EUBIl
— Steve WHU Vincent (@WestHamLondon) August 24, 2014
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) August 23, 2014
Before Attenborough, this last happened on Aug. 11, when Ramsey scored a goal vs. Manchester City. The following day, Robin Williams died. Here’s a rundown of other celebrity deaths which coincided with Ramsey goals:
Aaron Ramsey scored ~ Robin Williams dead. The Ramsey curse is back pic.twitter.com/NJOKkTFPr5
— Verified LEGACYfied (@LEGACYfied) August 12, 2014
Taiwan’s Next Media Animation was on this story way back in 2012:
It’s not like scores that often — four goals this season, two in Premier League play. So yeah, strange.
- Filed Under:
- Aaron Ramsey
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Christy Mack Releases Horrific War Machine Beating Photos
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World