- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
An ‘Aaron Ramsey Curse’? When Arsenal Midfielder Scores, A Celebrity Dies
I’ve been following this pretty much from the beginning, but have’t written about it until now because morbid, superstitious poppycock. But because SO many on the Internet are typing madly about it (see Twitter stream below), how can I ignore it? It’s a Dan Brown novel of social media … just one Justin Bieber death from becoming the next crackpot religion, like Scientology, or Sabermetrics.
Simply put, there is a belief out there that each time Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey scores a goal, a celebrity will die within 24 hours. Yeah, stupid … but one has to admit that it’s getting a bit weird at this point. The latest: Richard Attenborough.
R.I.P Richard Attenborough The Aaron Ramsey goal curse strikes again. pic.twitter.com/y88r0EUBIl
— Steve WHU Vincent (@WestHamLondon) August 24, 2014
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) August 23, 2014
Before Attenborough, this last happened on Aug. 11, when Ramsey scored a goal vs. Manchester City. The following day, Robin Williams died. Here’s a rundown of other celebrity deaths which coincided with Ramsey goals:
Aaron Ramsey scored ~ Robin Williams dead. The Ramsey curse is back pic.twitter.com/NJOKkTFPr5
— Verified LEGACYfied (@LEGACYfied) August 12, 2014
Taiwan’s Next Media Animation was on this story way back in 2012:
It’s not like scores that often — four goals this season, two in Premier League play. So yeah, strange.
- Filed Under:
- Aaron Ramsey
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- 10 Athletes We Don't Want to See in ESPN's Body Issue
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence