- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Two People Shot, One Stabbed In San Francisco World Series 'Celebration'
- Are The Giants Officially A Dynasty? Opinions Vary, We Investigate
- Why Is Everyone Giving Gregg Popovich Shit?
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
An ‘Aaron Ramsey Curse’? When Arsenal Midfielder Scores, A Celebrity Dies
I’ve been following this pretty much from the beginning, but have’t written about it until now because morbid, superstitious poppycock. But because SO many on the Internet are typing madly about it (see Twitter stream below), how can I ignore it? It’s a Dan Brown novel of social media … just one Justin Bieber death from becoming the next crackpot religion, like Scientology, or Sabermetrics.
Simply put, there is a belief out there that each time Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey scores a goal, a celebrity will die within 24 hours. Yeah, stupid … but one has to admit that it’s getting a bit weird at this point. The latest: Richard Attenborough.
R.I.P Richard Attenborough The Aaron Ramsey goal curse strikes again. pic.twitter.com/y88r0EUBIl
— Steve WHU Vincent (@WestHamLondon) August 24, 2014
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) August 23, 2014
Before Attenborough, this last happened on Aug. 11, when Ramsey scored a goal vs. Manchester City. The following day, Robin Williams died. Here’s a rundown of other celebrity deaths which coincided with Ramsey goals:
Aaron Ramsey scored ~ Robin Williams dead. The Ramsey curse is back pic.twitter.com/NJOKkTFPr5
— Verified LEGACYfied (@LEGACYfied) August 12, 2014
Taiwan’s Next Media Animation was on this story way back in 2012:
It’s not like scores that often — four goals this season, two in Premier League play. So yeah, strange.
- Filed Under:
- Aaron Ramsey
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts