- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Chelsea Just Won The Europa League Championship On A Stunning Last-Second Header
It doesn’t get much more last-second than this. With the score tied 1-1 in stoppage time, Branislav Ivanovic of Chelsea headed home an unbelievable match winner off his team’s corner kick. It appeared to catch everybody on Benefica off-guard — nobody moved much on the set piece, and the goalie could only watch helplessly as the ball sailed over his head for the goal.
This wasn’t just a game-winner, it was a championship-winner.
Here it is in GIF form:
And here’s how it feels when you think your team will be playing soccer for at least 30 more minutes, only to have the Europa League cup snatched out from under you by a confusingly easy corner — in GIF form:
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item