- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
America! Clint Dempsey’s Goal Vs. Italy Gives U.S. Historic 1-0 Win
A win over Italy would be big for U.S. soccer… and as of right now, they’re pretty close to getting it. They’re up 1-0 on Italy, and if that score doesn’t sound like that big of a deal, consider this: that goal, scored by Clint Dempsey represents the Americans’ first non-PK score against Italy in two decades… and Dempsey’s just the fourth American ever to score against Italy. Watch him do it below:
Well, you can’t say Dempsey didn’t pump his fist like it was a big moment. Which it was… assuming the result holds up, anyway. Just a few minutes to go. UPDATE: It’s over – the U.S. wins, 1-0, for its first win over Italy – in Italy, no less. Dempsey’s score was the difference. U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row