- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 9 RB Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Reggie Miller Calls ESPN Story On Kobe Bryant A 'Coward's Approach To Journalism'
- Russia Unveiled Its 2018 World Cup Logo From A Space Station
- Dick's Sporting Goods TV Commercial Names Royals World Series Champion
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Diving In Soccer Is Totally Legitimate For Once
In the U.S. our baseball players celebrate getting to the playoffs by diving into swimming pools. But in Lithuanian soccer, swimming is just part of normal league play. Kudos to the officials who saw a torrential downpour prior to the Div. II match between FC Silas and FC Trakai which turned the pitch into a series of small lakes, and just said “Fuck it: play on.” It led to one of the greatest slop games in pro sports history, and an absolutely tremendous celebration following the game’s only goal.
Trakai’s Nikolaj Misiuk scored on a header midway through the second half, leading to this:
Or, as one YouTube commenter wrote:
“dar ne viena meilutytė tokiuose stadionuose atsiskleis”
Yes, he landed right on his atsiskleis.
- Filed Under:
- Water sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts