- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Diving In Soccer Is Totally Legitimate For Once
In the U.S. our baseball players celebrate getting to the playoffs by diving into swimming pools. But in Lithuanian soccer, swimming is just part of normal league play. Kudos to the officials who saw a torrential downpour prior to the Div. II match between FC Silas and FC Trakai which turned the pitch into a series of small lakes, and just said “Fuck it: play on.” It led to one of the greatest slop games in pro sports history, and an absolutely tremendous celebration following the game’s only goal.
Trakai’s Nikolaj Misiuk scored on a header midway through the second half, leading to this:
Or, as one YouTube commenter wrote:
“dar ne viena meilutytė tokiuose stadionuose atsiskleis”
Yes, he landed right on his atsiskleis.
- Filed Under:
- Water sports
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?