- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Carmelo Anthony Would Be, Hands Down, The Worst NFL Quarterback Ever
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Gareth Bale Has Already Made More In Less Than A Day Than Some People Make All Year
World soccer powerhouse Real Madrid completed a “transfer” (that’s like a trade, but between leagues) with Tottenham Hotspur yesterday for forward Gareth Bale, paying 100 million Euros to Tottenham* for the 24-year-old Welshman. That’s more than Real paid for Ronaldo a few years ago. Basically, Gareth Bale is a rich man.
How rich is he? There’s a website now called “What Bale Earns,” which features a running counter of how much Bale has earned, up to the second, with his Real Madrid contract (£86 million over six years). The highlights so far:
-In 10 seconds of work, he can buy lunch at Subway.
-In the four hours since the signing became official, Bale already earned 47 weeks of minimum wage in England.
-Just 36 minutes later, he could pay for a year of university tuition.
Check back to the site as Bale’s worth grows, and be sure to watch La Liga this year to see two of the best players in the world try to wrest control of the league from Barcelona and Lionel Messi.
*Updated to reflect confusing wording. We did not mean to imply that Bale gets the transfer fee.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts