- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Here Are The New U.S. World Cup Soccer Unifo … Hey, What Is Clint Dempsey Doing With His Hand?
Here are the new uniforms — sorry, the new kit — for the U.S. for the upcoming World Cup. Nike explains that the all-white look represents “optimism”, which is a nice way of saying “Considering the draw we got, we should have went solid black, with mourning veils.”
The U.S. will be in Group G with Germany, Portugal and Ghana. (Plays “Taps”).
So to get our minds off of all that overwhelming opposition talent, they gave the U.S. team golf shirts. Also the team seems to be getting younger. Either that or we now have a national 10-U team.
Here’s how Nike explains the look:
The new kit clearly showcases the USA’s national pride and distinct sense of style, while also capturing the nation’s eternal optimism,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Soccer.
Here’s a closer look: (model is obviously invisible Jonathan Spector).
When designing uniforms, my motto has always been, go with the color that’s sure to show the most dirt and mud.
Meanwhile, in other lands …
— Pete Nowakowski (@petenowakowski) March 3, 2014
Your table is ready, Croatia. May I start you with a cocktail?
— Bundesliga Spotlight (@BundesligaSpot) March 3, 2014
Italian uniforms have secret codes:
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) March 3, 2014
— FansAllStar Football (@FASfootball) February 28, 2014
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) February 14, 2014
- Filed Under:
- world cup
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts