- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Here Are The New U.S. World Cup Soccer Unifo … Hey, What Is Clint Dempsey Doing With His Hand?
Here are the new uniforms — sorry, the new kit — for the U.S. for the upcoming World Cup. Nike explains that the all-white look represents “optimism”, which is a nice way of saying “Considering the draw we got, we should have went solid black, with mourning veils.”
The U.S. will be in Group G with Germany, Portugal and Ghana. (Plays “Taps”).
So to get our minds off of all that overwhelming opposition talent, they gave the U.S. team golf shirts. Also the team seems to be getting younger. Either that or we now have a national 10-U team.
Here’s how Nike explains the look:
The new kit clearly showcases the USA’s national pride and distinct sense of style, while also capturing the nation’s eternal optimism,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Soccer.
Here’s a closer look: (model is obviously invisible Jonathan Spector).
When designing uniforms, my motto has always been, go with the color that’s sure to show the most dirt and mud.
Meanwhile, in other lands …
— Pete Nowakowski (@petenowakowski) March 3, 2014
Your table is ready, Croatia. May I start you with a cocktail?
— Bundesliga Spotlight (@BundesligaSpot) March 3, 2014
Italian uniforms have secret codes:
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) March 3, 2014
— FansAllStar Football (@FASfootball) February 28, 2014
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) February 14, 2014
- Filed Under:
- world cup
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce