- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Here Are The New U.S. World Cup Soccer Unifo … Hey, What Is Clint Dempsey Doing With His Hand?
Here are the new uniforms — sorry, the new kit — for the U.S. for the upcoming World Cup. Nike explains that the all-white look represents “optimism”, which is a nice way of saying “Considering the draw we got, we should have went solid black, with mourning veils.”
The U.S. will be in Group G with Germany, Portugal and Ghana. (Plays “Taps”).
So to get our minds off of all that overwhelming opposition talent, they gave the U.S. team golf shirts. Also the team seems to be getting younger. Either that or we now have a national 10-U team.
Here’s how Nike explains the look:
The new kit clearly showcases the USA’s national pride and distinct sense of style, while also capturing the nation’s eternal optimism,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Soccer.
Here’s a closer look: (model is obviously invisible Jonathan Spector).
When designing uniforms, my motto has always been, go with the color that’s sure to show the most dirt and mud.
Meanwhile, in other lands …
— Pete Nowakowski (@petenowakowski) March 3, 2014
Your table is ready, Croatia. May I start you with a cocktail?
— Bundesliga Spotlight (@BundesligaSpot) March 3, 2014
Italian uniforms have secret codes:
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) March 3, 2014
— FansAllStar Football (@FASfootball) February 28, 2014
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) February 14, 2014
- Filed Under:
- world cup
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier