- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Should ESPN's Heather Cox Apologize For Her Post-Game Jameis Winston Interview?
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- Bill Belichick Reveals How To Win When Your Team Is Down Two Touchdowns
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Hope Solo Failed A Drug Test, Will Still Play In Olympics
Hope Solo, America’s favorite women’s soccer player, failed a drug test. She tested positive for Canrenone, a drug sometimes used to flush the system of PED evidence. However, Solo says that it was an ingredient in her prescribed pre-menstrual medication, and she didn’t realize it.
The US Soccer Federation buys her claim, and she’s merely receiving a public warning. She’ll still participate in the Olympics.
“U.S. Soccer received notification from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency that Hope Solo tested positive for a banned substance from an out-of competition urine sample she provided on June 15. After discussions with Hope, we fully support her clarification that the positive test for Canrenone was due to the use of a prescribed medication from a personal doctor for pre-menstrual purposes and not related to performance enhancement in any way.”
Within minutes, Twitter coined the “Dope Solo” nickname. But although we can’t know for sure if she’s telling the truth, her excuse seems legitimate. Swooners will be able to swoon on while she tends goal in London.
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- 20 Unbreakable Baseball Records