- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Internet Reacts With Expected Maturity When Told About Chelsea’s ‘Cross-Cum-Shot’
When you type words like “Chelsea” and “cross-cum-shot” into Google, you might end up with results that are, shall we say, intended only for mature audiences. (Read: Porn.)
It's been pretty much all Chelsea since we went 2-1 up. Oscar just curled a cross-cum-shot well over. #CFCLive
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) August 18, 2014
But a “cross-cum-shot” is not a comment on the final moments of a pornographic shoot — it’s a legitimate way to describe when a soccer player kicks the ball and you’re not sure whether it was a shot attempt or a cross.
cross-cum-shot: use in football reporting if you are not sure whether they meant to cross the ball or shoot at goal. Warning: don't Google!
— Guardian style guide (@guardianstyle) February 15, 2013
See what we mean? We’re not talking about an X-rated homemade film starring a Brazilian dude named Oscar. They were using “cum” in the Latin sense, not as a slang term.
Here’s the goal that put Chelsea up 2-1, for the record:
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'