- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Internet Reacts With Expected Maturity When Told About Chelsea’s ‘Cross-Cum-Shot’
When you type words like “Chelsea” and “cross-cum-shot” into Google, you might end up with results that are, shall we say, intended only for mature audiences. (Read: Porn.)
It's been pretty much all Chelsea since we went 2-1 up. Oscar just curled a cross-cum-shot well over. #CFCLive
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) August 18, 2014
But a “cross-cum-shot” is not a comment on the final moments of a pornographic shoot — it’s a legitimate way to describe when a soccer player kicks the ball and you’re not sure whether it was a shot attempt or a cross.
cross-cum-shot: use in football reporting if you are not sure whether they meant to cross the ball or shoot at goal. Warning: don't Google!
— Guardian style guide (@guardianstyle) February 15, 2013
See what we mean? We’re not talking about an X-rated homemade film starring a Brazilian dude named Oscar. They were using “cum” in the Latin sense, not as a slang term.
Here’s the goal that put Chelsea up 2-1, for the record:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts