- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Italian Soccer Team Lazio Holds Mock Funeral For Crosstown Rival Roma Complete With Sobbing Widow
AS Roma-Lazio is a huge Italian football rivalry. Lazio recently beat Roma in the Coppa Italia final for bragging rights over Rome.
You may remember Lazio for their violent/racist fans. Thankfully these supporters chose to celebrate through a tongue-in-cheek funeral for Roma. The procession took place in front of 4000 people with a priest, a casket, pall-bearers and a fake sobbing widow. The only thing missing was genuine sadness.
So will the mock-funeral be the next victory parade? I doubt it, but I would enjoy seeing it in a few scenarios:
1. If a seemingly unbeatable team loses a championship game.
Example: The Giants host a mock funeral for the almost-perfect 2007 Patriots.
2. If a tortured franchise loses in classic tortured franchise fashion.
Example: The Cubs host their own mock funeral after the Steve Bartman incident just so their fans accept it’s never going to happen.
3. If a tortured franchise finally wins and gets the monkey off their back.
Example: The 2004 Red Sox have some kind of Voodoo funeral to cast off the evil spirits from the curse of the Bambino, complete with sacrificial baseball memorabilia.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts