- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Italian Soccer Team Lazio Holds Mock Funeral For Crosstown Rival Roma Complete With Sobbing Widow
AS Roma-Lazio is a huge Italian football rivalry. Lazio recently beat Roma in the Coppa Italia final for bragging rights over Rome.
You may remember Lazio for their violent/racist fans. Thankfully these supporters chose to celebrate through a tongue-in-cheek funeral for Roma. The procession took place in front of 4000 people with a priest, a casket, pall-bearers and a fake sobbing widow. The only thing missing was genuine sadness.
So will the mock-funeral be the next victory parade? I doubt it, but I would enjoy seeing it in a few scenarios:
1. If a seemingly unbeatable team loses a championship game.
Example: The Giants host a mock funeral for the almost-perfect 2007 Patriots.
2. If a tortured franchise loses in classic tortured franchise fashion.
Example: The Cubs host their own mock funeral after the Steve Bartman incident just so their fans accept it’s never going to happen.
3. If a tortured franchise finally wins and gets the monkey off their back.
Example: The 2004 Red Sox have some kind of Voodoo funeral to cast off the evil spirits from the curse of the Bambino, complete with sacrificial baseball memorabilia.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job