- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Should ESPN's Heather Cox Apologize For Her Post-Game Jameis Winston Interview?
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- Bill Belichick Reveals How To Win When Your Team Is Down Two Touchdowns
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Italian Soccer Team Lazio Holds Mock Funeral For Crosstown Rival Roma Complete With Sobbing Widow
AS Roma-Lazio is a huge Italian football rivalry. Lazio recently beat Roma in the Coppa Italia final for bragging rights over Rome.
You may remember Lazio for their violent/racist fans. Thankfully these supporters chose to celebrate through a tongue-in-cheek funeral for Roma. The procession took place in front of 4000 people with a priest, a casket, pall-bearers and a fake sobbing widow. The only thing missing was genuine sadness.
So will the mock-funeral be the next victory parade? I doubt it, but I would enjoy seeing it in a few scenarios:
1. If a seemingly unbeatable team loses a championship game.
Example: The Giants host a mock funeral for the almost-perfect 2007 Patriots.
2. If a tortured franchise loses in classic tortured franchise fashion.
Example: The Cubs host their own mock funeral after the Steve Bartman incident just so their fans accept it’s never going to happen.
3. If a tortured franchise finally wins and gets the monkey off their back.
Example: The 2004 Red Sox have some kind of Voodoo funeral to cast off the evil spirits from the curse of the Bambino, complete with sacrificial baseball memorabilia.
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- All About Michael Jordan's Future Baby Mama
- Robert Duran: Pacquiao Still Dangerous
- Top 10 Worst Decisions in MMA History