- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Jose Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo Both Red-Carded, Projectiles Rain As Copa Del Rey Ends In Disarray
Atletico Madrid’s 2-1 victory over Real Madrid might be compared to the Bad News Bears beating the Yankees for the championship, and even featured a fight at the end. Along the way, both Cristiano Ronaldo and manager Jose Mourinho were sent off, and fans took the opportunity to shower the field with debris and at least one flaming object.
In other words, just a typical ‘His Majesty the King’s Football Cup’, or in Spanish, Copa del Rey.
With six minutes to play in extra time, Ronaldo was exiled for his foot to the face of Atletico’s Gabi. But was there actual contact? Observe the gif above. Daily Mirror:
Reacting to a clattering challenge from behind by Atletico’s Gabi, the Portuguese goal machine twisted and lashed out with his foot as he fell backwards to the turf and apparently caught his marker on the nose.
His dismissal sparked furious scenes on the touchline with both benches emptying and several seconds of pushing and shoving, with some punches also seemingly thrown.
During the melee, Atletico keeper Thibault Courtois – on loan from Chelsea – dropped to the ground in his penalty area, with missiles seen to be flying from the supporters behind him.
In the dying seconds, Gabi was also sent off, but Atletico held on to win, 2-1.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story