- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Man Trying To Dribble Soccer Ball From Seattle To Brazil For Charity Is Struck And Killed By Pickup Truck
Richard Swanson had just shot a video of himself on a beach in Oregon, talking about the amazing journey he had barely begun. But just a short while later he met with tragedy.
Swanson was trying to travel 10,000 miles through 11 countries, all while dribbling a soccer ball. It was all for charity, and would take him from Seattle to Brazil. But only two weeks into his adventure he was struck and killed on the side of U.S. Highway 101 near Lincoln City, OR, by a pickup truck. The Oregonian:
The journey was part adventure, part fundraiser for the One World Futbol Project. For every ball purchased, another is given to a youth in disadvantaged communities, such as refugee camps, war zones, disaster areas and inner cities, according to the website.
He hoped to reach San Paulo, Brazil, for the 2014 World Cup.
- Jon Lester Admits His Problems with Living in Oakland
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'