- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Man Trying To Dribble Soccer Ball From Seattle To Brazil For Charity Is Struck And Killed By Pickup Truck
Richard Swanson had just shot a video of himself on a beach in Oregon, talking about the amazing journey he had barely begun. But just a short while later he met with tragedy.
Swanson was trying to travel 10,000 miles through 11 countries, all while dribbling a soccer ball. It was all for charity, and would take him from Seattle to Brazil. But only two weeks into his adventure he was struck and killed on the side of U.S. Highway 101 near Lincoln City, OR, by a pickup truck. The Oregonian:
The journey was part adventure, part fundraiser for the One World Futbol Project. For every ball purchased, another is given to a youth in disadvantaged communities, such as refugee camps, war zones, disaster areas and inner cities, according to the website.
He hoped to reach San Paulo, Brazil, for the 2014 World Cup.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- This Sexy Soccer Star Shows It Off In SI Swimsuit Issue
- Manny Pacquiao's Workout Secrets Caught on Film
- Best I've Faced: Antonio Tarver Gets Real