- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Man Trying To Dribble Soccer Ball From Seattle To Brazil For Charity Is Struck And Killed By Pickup Truck
Richard Swanson had just shot a video of himself on a beach in Oregon, talking about the amazing journey he had barely begun. But just a short while later he met with tragedy.
Swanson was trying to travel 10,000 miles through 11 countries, all while dribbling a soccer ball. It was all for charity, and would take him from Seattle to Brazil. But only two weeks into his adventure he was struck and killed on the side of U.S. Highway 101 near Lincoln City, OR, by a pickup truck. The Oregonian:
The journey was part adventure, part fundraiser for the One World Futbol Project. For every ball purchased, another is given to a youth in disadvantaged communities, such as refugee camps, war zones, disaster areas and inner cities, according to the website.
He hoped to reach San Paulo, Brazil, for the 2014 World Cup.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts