- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Man Trying To Dribble Soccer Ball From Seattle To Brazil For Charity Is Struck And Killed By Pickup Truck
Richard Swanson had just shot a video of himself on a beach in Oregon, talking about the amazing journey he had barely begun. But just a short while later he met with tragedy.
Swanson was trying to travel 10,000 miles through 11 countries, all while dribbling a soccer ball. It was all for charity, and would take him from Seattle to Brazil. But only two weeks into his adventure he was struck and killed on the side of U.S. Highway 101 near Lincoln City, OR, by a pickup truck. The Oregonian:
The journey was part adventure, part fundraiser for the One World Futbol Project. For every ball purchased, another is given to a youth in disadvantaged communities, such as refugee camps, war zones, disaster areas and inner cities, according to the website.
He hoped to reach San Paulo, Brazil, for the 2014 World Cup.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers