- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Your “Messi And Ronaldo Are Awesome” Reminders Of The Day
Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are playing right now. Real’s up 2-1 in the second half, so it’s still anyone’s match, and these next 40 or so minutes should provide some pretty compelling soccer. That’s not to take away from what’s already transpired, however – during that first half, we got to see the two best players on the planet, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, in peak form. Each scored once, and each goal was a beauty. Which one was better? Whichever one you pick will probably depend on whether you’re a Ronaldo or Messi fan. But the least we can do is show you and let you decide.
First, Ronaldo’s. He netted his in the 19th minute, putting his side up 2-0 in the process. In his case, the brilliance of the goal was more about what he had to do to set it up than the actual goal itself. But oh, that setup:
Messi, on the other hand, scored his on a free kick, so there wasn’t any setting up to be done. His was all about the execution:
It’s like the movie said – “Bend It Like [Messi].” So: whose score was better? Who’s better, period? Who’s going to win this match? Who’s going to win La Liga? Are Barca’s new gradient-y uniforms a sleek update, or fashion faux pas? Let us know. What we definitely know: both Messi and Ronaldo are soccer demigods.
- Rickie Fowler Keeps Himself Entertained Off the Golf Course
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.