- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Your “Messi And Ronaldo Are Awesome” Reminders Of The Day
Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are playing right now. Real’s up 2-1 in the second half, so it’s still anyone’s match, and these next 40 or so minutes should provide some pretty compelling soccer. That’s not to take away from what’s already transpired, however – during that first half, we got to see the two best players on the planet, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, in peak form. Each scored once, and each goal was a beauty. Which one was better? Whichever one you pick will probably depend on whether you’re a Ronaldo or Messi fan. But the least we can do is show you and let you decide.
First, Ronaldo’s. He netted his in the 19th minute, putting his side up 2-0 in the process. In his case, the brilliance of the goal was more about what he had to do to set it up than the actual goal itself. But oh, that setup:
Messi, on the other hand, scored his on a free kick, so there wasn’t any setting up to be done. His was all about the execution:
It’s like the movie said – “Bend It Like [Messi].” So: whose score was better? Who’s better, period? Who’s going to win this match? Who’s going to win La Liga? Are Barca’s new gradient-y uniforms a sleek update, or fashion faux pas? Let us know. What we definitely know: both Messi and Ronaldo are soccer demigods.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship