- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Nigeria’s First Shot Of The Confederations Cup Took Three Deflections Off Tahitian Players Before Somehow Finding The Goal
It what can only be called “a really, really, really bad break,” Tahiti found themselves down early in their first Group B game of the Confederations Cup versus Nigeria today. In the fifth minute, Nigeria’s Elderson Uwa Echiejile lined up a shot that appeared to have no chance of going in. Joke’s on us — and on Tahiti — as you’ll see here:
Through one dude’s legs, off one guy, off another guy, off the goalie’s hand and in? Classic Nigeria.
Nigeria notched another goal five minutes later, and then a third in the 26th minute to go up 3-0 early. It’s just not looking like Tahiti’s day. Both of these teams are in a group with Spain and Uruguay, so their fates are likely the same — but the battle for third place looks over already.
- Filed Under:
- confederations cup
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce