- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Dutch Soccer Player Gets Red Card, Promptly Faints
From the Eredivisie, the Netherlands’ highest soccer league, comes a new kind of diving. Get a red card, walk around a bit with a shocked expression, then faint, and get carried off on a stretcher.
It looks to me from the video above that FC Groningen defender Timo Letschert got kicked in the head. But British web sites, and the ref, were not buying it, and they seemingly know about these things. So, a fake fainting spell. Soccer has reached a new low.
Or, not so new.
It’s an interesting tactic to try and stay on the pitch, and one which Newcastle defender Steven Taylor may have some sympathy with.
Taylor pulled out his best acting skills in 2008 against Aston Villa, when he blocked Darius Vassell’s goal-bound shot with his arm, only to writhe in pain on the floor while holding his side. Needless to say the referee wasn’t fooled.
Letschert received a three-game ban for the apparent theatrics.
- Filed Under:
- dutch soccer
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'