- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Qatar Will Spend $200 Billion On 2022 FIFA World Cup — What Else Could You Buy With That Much Money?
In light of the recent protests in Brazil, a report by professional services firm Deloitte estimated the nation of Qatar will spend $200 billion on hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
$140 billion will go towards upgrades to transportation infrastructure. Another $20 billion will go towards tourism infrastructure to handle the estimated 400,000 supporters that will be visiting the country for the competition. The other $40 billion was not mentioned, but I assume the money will be burnt for warmth until 2022.
To put this in perspective, South Africa spent $4 billion on last World Cup and Brazil will spend $14 billion on next year’s World Cup. Need more perspective? Here’s a slideshow of what else you could do with $200 billion dollars.
Photos via Getty Images
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce