- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Qatar Will Spend $200 Billion On 2022 FIFA World Cup — What Else Could You Buy With That Much Money?
In light of the recent protests in Brazil, a report by professional services firm Deloitte estimated the nation of Qatar will spend $200 billion on hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
$140 billion will go towards upgrades to transportation infrastructure. Another $20 billion will go towards tourism infrastructure to handle the estimated 400,000 supporters that will be visiting the country for the competition. The other $40 billion was not mentioned, but I assume the money will be burnt for warmth until 2022.
To put this in perspective, South Africa spent $4 billion on last World Cup and Brazil will spend $14 billion on next year’s World Cup. Need more perspective? Here’s a slideshow of what else you could do with $200 billion dollars.
Photos via Getty Images
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts