- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Qatar Will Spend $200 Billion On 2022 FIFA World Cup — What Else Could You Buy With That Much Money?
In light of the recent protests in Brazil, a report by professional services firm Deloitte estimated the nation of Qatar will spend $200 billion on hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
$140 billion will go towards upgrades to transportation infrastructure. Another $20 billion will go towards tourism infrastructure to handle the estimated 400,000 supporters that will be visiting the country for the competition. The other $40 billion was not mentioned, but I assume the money will be burnt for warmth until 2022.
To put this in perspective, South Africa spent $4 billion on last World Cup and Brazil will spend $14 billion on next year’s World Cup. Need more perspective? Here’s a slideshow of what else you could do with $200 billion dollars.
Photos via Getty Images
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'