- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Qatar Will Spend $200 Billion On 2022 FIFA World Cup — What Else Could You Buy With That Much Money?
In light of the recent protests in Brazil, a report by professional services firm Deloitte estimated the nation of Qatar will spend $200 billion on hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
$140 billion will go towards upgrades to transportation infrastructure. Another $20 billion will go towards tourism infrastructure to handle the estimated 400,000 supporters that will be visiting the country for the competition. The other $40 billion was not mentioned, but I assume the money will be burnt for warmth until 2022.
To put this in perspective, South Africa spent $4 billion on last World Cup and Brazil will spend $14 billion on next year’s World Cup. Need more perspective? Here’s a slideshow of what else you could do with $200 billion dollars.
Photos via Getty Images
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story