- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 DTs And The Top 6 DEs
- Geno Smith Thinks He'll Be A Top Five QB, Sources Confirm He's Delusional
- MMA Fighter/Gas Station Clerk Rains Punches On Would-Be Robbers (VIDEO)
- Will Fantasy Players Take A Stand Against Ray Rice This Year?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Qatar Will Spend $200 Billion On 2022 FIFA World Cup — What Else Could You Buy With That Much Money?
In light of the recent protests in Brazil, a report by professional services firm Deloitte estimated the nation of Qatar will spend $200 billion on hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
$140 billion will go towards upgrades to transportation infrastructure. Another $20 billion will go towards tourism infrastructure to handle the estimated 400,000 supporters that will be visiting the country for the competition. The other $40 billion was not mentioned, but I assume the money will be burnt for warmth until 2022.
To put this in perspective, South Africa spent $4 billion on last World Cup and Brazil will spend $14 billion on next year’s World Cup. Need more perspective? Here’s a slideshow of what else you could do with $200 billion dollars.
Photos via Getty Images
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Have You Seen Colin Kaepernick's New Tattoo?
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles