- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
American Soccer Player Robbie Rogers Announces That He’s Gay, And He’s Leaving Soccer
Robbie Rogers, a 25-year old, talented American soccer player, is leaving soccer after announcing that he’s gay. He wrote a stirring blog post that was equal parts sad and uplifting. He has appeared for the U.S. Men’s National Team.
Be sure to read the whole thing, but here are some highlights.
Secrets can cause so much internal damage. People love to preach about honesty, how honesty is so plain and simple. Try explaining to your loved ones after 25 years you are gay. Try convincing yourself that your creator has the most wonderful purpose for you even though you were taught differently…
Now is my time to step away. It’s time to discover myself away from football. It’s 1 A.M. in London as I write this and I could not be happier with my decision. Life is so full of amazing things. I realized I could only truly enjoy my life once I was honest. Honesty is a bitch but makes life so simple and clear. My secret is gone, I am a free man, I can move on and live my life as my creator intended.
Selfishly, we’re sad that he’s stepping away, since the sports world could certainly use a prominent, openly-gay athlete. But this is obviously his decision, and kudos to Rogers for coming out. Hopefully this isn’t the last we hear from him.
- Beauty AND The Beast
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever