- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Rooney Or Messi: Who Had The Better Free Kick Goal This Week?
Earlier today, Lionel Messi drew a foul just outside the 18-yard box, neatly placed the ball at the spot of the foul, waited for Ajax to form a wall between he and the goal, saw goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer shade to the right post, only to promptly put it past the Dutch national team goalie — off the right post.
(He scored twice more as this post was being written.)
Last week, Rooney similarly bent a direct kick around a wall and squeezed it between the post and Crystal Palace goalkeeper, Lord Lovely Diamonds (j/k, his name is Julian Speroni). The two kicks are almost identical, in a number of ways, most notably because both Messi and Rooney kind of shrugged off how amazing they were. No celebrations, no mercy.
Which goal is better? Let us know what you think…
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story