- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Rooney Or Messi: Who Had The Better Free Kick Goal This Week?
Earlier today, Lionel Messi drew a foul just outside the 18-yard box, neatly placed the ball at the spot of the foul, waited for Ajax to form a wall between he and the goal, saw goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer shade to the right post, only to promptly put it past the Dutch national team goalie — off the right post.
(He scored twice more as this post was being written.)
Last week, Rooney similarly bent a direct kick around a wall and squeezed it between the post and Crystal Palace goalkeeper, Lord Lovely Diamonds (j/k, his name is Julian Speroni). The two kicks are almost identical, in a number of ways, most notably because both Messi and Rooney kind of shrugged off how amazing they were. No celebrations, no mercy.
Which goal is better? Let us know what you think…
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier