- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Rooney Or Messi: Who Had The Better Free Kick Goal This Week?
Earlier today, Lionel Messi drew a foul just outside the 18-yard box, neatly placed the ball at the spot of the foul, waited for Ajax to form a wall between he and the goal, saw goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer shade to the right post, only to promptly put it past the Dutch national team goalie — off the right post.
(He scored twice more as this post was being written.)
Last week, Rooney similarly bent a direct kick around a wall and squeezed it between the post and Crystal Palace goalkeeper, Lord Lovely Diamonds (j/k, his name is Julian Speroni). The two kicks are almost identical, in a number of ways, most notably because both Messi and Rooney kind of shrugged off how amazing they were. No celebrations, no mercy.
Which goal is better? Let us know what you think…
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts