- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Rooney Or Messi: Who Had The Better Free Kick Goal This Week?
Earlier today, Lionel Messi drew a foul just outside the 18-yard box, neatly placed the ball at the spot of the foul, waited for Ajax to form a wall between he and the goal, saw goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer shade to the right post, only to promptly put it past the Dutch national team goalie — off the right post.
(He scored twice more as this post was being written.)
Last week, Rooney similarly bent a direct kick around a wall and squeezed it between the post and Crystal Palace goalkeeper, Lord Lovely Diamonds (j/k, his name is Julian Speroni). The two kicks are almost identical, in a number of ways, most notably because both Messi and Rooney kind of shrugged off how amazing they were. No celebrations, no mercy.
Which goal is better? Let us know what you think…
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts