- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Someone GIF’d Every World Cup Dive In A Stinging Commentary On The Human Condition
From time to time, athletes fudge the rules and look to gain an advantage by “flopping,” or “diving” as it is called in the European sport of soccér. The term describes the manner in which a player purposely falls to the ground, insinuating he or she had been “fouled” by his/her opponent. The ultimate goal being a stoppage of play and an advantage awarded to said flopper/diver.
Sounds strange, right? It’s like, you’re an adult — why are lying to the official? Why are you pretending your face hurts on live television? Haven’t you heard the fabled story of the boy who cried wolf? Based on these rather embarrassing “GIFs,” we’ve gathered that none of the men pictured are aware of any of Aesop’s teachings.
Someone should do something about this. It does not seem fair not sportsmanlike.
[GIFs via Golden Dives]
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs