- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Spanish Second-Division Soccer Team Says WTF, We’re Going With Tuxedo Jerseys
It’s the kind of thing you’d expect an American Minor League Baseball team to do. But while we wear our Star Wars-themed jerseys for one day and then auction them off for charity, Spain’s second-tier soccer team Cultural Leonesa plans to wear this item all season, as an alternate kit. I predict that this will add a touch of elegance to their constant flopping.
Snazzy – Spanish Segunda B side Cultural Leonesa have unveiled their new tuxedo-inspired kit!! pic.twitter.com/zFdP3U50gS
— Full-Kit Wankers (@WankersFullKit) July 22, 2014
Not sure what the motivation was here, unless their owner is a big fan of The Great Gatsby. But that’s not the only odd thing going on in the Segunda B League. On Sunday, CD Lugo announced their alternating Octopus and Beer kits.
— Club Deportivo Lugo (@CDeportivoLugo) July 19, 2014
Lugo, who last season finished 12th in the Spanish second tier, are sponsored by local brewers Estrella Galicia. As a result, one of the new shirts has been designed to look like a glass of beer.
The other has a picture of an octopus tentacle on the front, in homage to one of the most popular items of local cuisine in the Galician region, where the city is located.
Annnnd … last season, same league … La Hoya Lorca’s broccoli jersey:
— On This Day (@OnThisDay91) July 19, 2014
Stop it, Spain.
While we’re on the subject, here are this season’s best Star Wars-themed Minor League Baseball jerseys:
- Filed Under:
- Soccer Kits
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts