- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Stephen Colbert Takes On Fox News’ Obama-World Cup Soccer Conspiracy Theorists
Some called a “Stuart Varney” thinks he knows the answer.
(NOTE: Varney is an unrepentant moron.)
“It’s because the news background about our country, our economy, our standing in the world, is overwhelmingly negative. It is awful. We’re approaching a recession, we’ve lost in Iraq, we’re downgraded the world over. We don’t want any part of that. We want to escape. So here’s the World Cup — how convenient.”
Keith Ablow, also a moron, abides.
“Yes, it’s a little too convenient when we have a president who, I contend, has it in for Americans, and we elected him because we were fearful at the time — ‘We better elect someone who’s not patriotic because, God, we could have terrorists attack us for being Americans.’ So, we did that.”
This is why Stephen Colbert makes $25 million a year.
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce