- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Things Got Yellow Card-Awkward After Karim Benzema Finally Scored On Dortmund In The Champions League Semifinal
When the second leg of the Champions League semifinal kicked off this afternoon, Real Madrid was already a longshot to advance after losing 4-1 to Dortmund in Germany last week. Things got dicier when Real Madrid failed to score in the first half. Finally, in the 83rd minute, Karim Benzema notched a beautiful goal. The goalie for Dortmund wasn’t interested in playing anymore after that.
Seems goalie Roman Weidenfeller didn’t want to give the ball back to Real Madrid after letting them score, no matter how much Real Madrid wanted said ball:
Weidenfeller either wanted to waste some time (probable, and common in soccer) or really didn’t want to see Benzema do some elaborate celebration with the ball (less probable, but not unlikely).
UPDATE: Sergio Ramos scored another goal for Real Madrid in the 88th minute, but Dortmund held on after that, winning the semifinal on aggregate 4-3. This surprising club (as in, nobody knows who they are) will face either Barcelona or Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson
- Switch Jab to Flying Knee is Technique of the Week
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy