- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Things Got Yellow Card-Awkward After Karim Benzema Finally Scored On Dortmund In The Champions League Semifinal
When the second leg of the Champions League semifinal kicked off this afternoon, Real Madrid was already a longshot to advance after losing 4-1 to Dortmund in Germany last week. Things got dicier when Real Madrid failed to score in the first half. Finally, in the 83rd minute, Karim Benzema notched a beautiful goal. The goalie for Dortmund wasn’t interested in playing anymore after that.
Seems goalie Roman Weidenfeller didn’t want to give the ball back to Real Madrid after letting them score, no matter how much Real Madrid wanted said ball:
Weidenfeller either wanted to waste some time (probable, and common in soccer) or really didn’t want to see Benzema do some elaborate celebration with the ball (less probable, but not unlikely).
UPDATE: Sergio Ramos scored another goal for Real Madrid in the 88th minute, but Dortmund held on after that, winning the semifinal on aggregate 4-3. This surprising club (as in, nobody knows who they are) will face either Barcelona or Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.
- This Sexy Soccer Star Shows It Off In SI Swimsuit Issue
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.