New York Jets 1st Round Draft Pick Odds and Mock Draft
The New York Jets have eight selections in the 2020 NFL Draft including two picks in the 3rd round and two picks in the 6th round. With the AFC East at a state of influx following the departure of Tom Brady, the Jets will look to improve on their 7-9 record.
With sports on hiatus due to COVID-19 and the continuing legalization of sports betting in the US, the 2020 NFL Draft will certainly be the most bet on draft in NFL history. New betting markets at DraftKings Sportsbook allow users to wager on who the first-round selection will be for some local teams.
The Jets 1st round selection is the 11th overall pick in the draft and because of that, there are more hurdles for bettors to decipher than there were with our piece on the odds to be the Giants 1st round selection. Because of this, the sportsbooks have odds available for nearly two dozen players to become the Jets 1st round draft selection. The odds below show the markets available at DraftKings Sportsbook.
New York Jets 1st Round Draft Pick Odds
- Jerry Jeudy +350
- Ceedee Lamb +400
- Henry Ruggs III +550
- Jedrick Wills +600
- Tristan Wirfs +600
- Mekhi Becton +700
- Andrew Thomas +1000
- K’Lavon Chaisson +2000
- Jeffrey Okudah +2500
- Isaiah Simmons +2500
- Derrick Brown +3300
- Javon Kinlaw +3300
- CJ Henderson +3500
- Austin Jackson +5000
- Josh Jones +10000
- Trevon Diggs +15000
- Kristian Fulton +15000
- Yetur Gross-Matos +15000
- Justin Jefferson +15000
- Xavier McKinney +15000
- Kenneth Murray +15000
- Patrick Queen +15000
- Ezra Cleveland +25000
- Grant Delpit +50000
- Justin Herbert +50000
- Tua Tagovailoa +50000
- Jordan Love +100000
The sports betting markets have three wide receivers at the top of the betting markets, followed immediately by four offensive linemen. The pricing on the receivers is driven both by team need, but also by public sentiment as a casual sports fan is much more likely to bet on popular offensive skill position players than they are offensive linemen who they may not have seen play before. The second part of this directly aligns with the team needs.
New York Jets 2020 NFL Draft Team Needs
Wide Receiver: While wide receiver is a popular public position to select, the 2020 NFL draft class is also particularly deep at this position making it a perfect starting point for the New York Jets, who let Robby Anderson walk during free agency. Sam Darnold’s current wide receivers include Jamison Crowder and Breshad Perriman who was recently signed to a one-year contract. Behind Perriman and Crowder, only Quincy Enunwa has more than 100 career catches.
Offensive Line: In order for Sam Darnold to improve, he will need better protection. Data from Pro Football Focus suggests that the Jets had one of the five worst offensive lines in the 2019 season, having the league-worst rate in time to first contact for rushing plays and 2nd worst for QB pressure within 2.5 seconds. Wide receiver carries the sexy names and the most fun picks to root for, but the offensive line is as big of a need for the Jets.
New York Jets 2020 NFL Draft Expert Consensus Picks
In our latest expert consensus mock draft we had Andrew Thomas going to the Jets with the 11th overall pick in the draft. However, this is obviously not a black and white situation and leveraging data from Grinding the Mocks with a bit more of a probability mindset. The data can be filtered to remove fan sentiment and still capture hundreds of expert mock drafts.
The expert consensus has Andrew Thomas going to the Jets in 20% of drafts, followed by Wirfs (12%), Jeudy (12%), Lamb (11%), Wills (11%) and Becton (11%). On top of this, last year’s most accurate NFL Mock Draft was done by Evan Silva, who this year has the Jets taking an offensive lineman in Tristan Wirfs.
TL;DR, the Jets have roughly a 60% chance of taking an offensive lineman and a 40% chance of taking a wide receiver.
HOW TO BET THE JETS 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK AT DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
The New York Jets will most likely take an offensive lineman with the 11th overall pick of the NFL draft, while sportsbooks have priced up the more popular wide receiver position. The simple conclusion from this analysis is that while betting wide receivers may be fun, the value lies in betting offensive lineman to be drafted by the New York Jets.
Andrew Thomas is the best value, offering 10-1 odds while being selected in 20% of mock drafts and our favorite bet for the New York Jets 1st round selection. If not going with Thomas, or looking to bundle the offensive line position, you could consider Mekhi Becton, Jedrick Wills, and Tristan Wirfs. The issue with both Wirfs and Wills is that they are the consensus picks to be the first offensive linemen off the board, and likely wouldn’t be available.
New York Jets 2020 NFL Draft Betting Picks
Andrew Thomas +1000
Mehki Becton +700
As another throw-in, you could look to bet on the Jets to draft an offensive player which is available at a heavily juiced -400 price.
LOOKING TO MAXIMIZE YOUR EXPECTED VALUE? NEW USERS CAN GET UP TO $1000 IN BONUS OFFERS WHEN SIGNING UP FOR AN ACCOUNT AT DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK