SportsGrid’s Best Player Props for World Series Game 1
Game 1 of the 2023 World Series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers goes tonight, and we’re spotlighting a few selections based on SportsGrid’s best MLB player props today. We employ a star rating system to evaluate each pick’s success likelihood.
Let’s get things started with the Rangers’ star shortstop.
Note: All odds and props courtesy of FanDuel Sportsbook.
TEX Corey Seager OVER 0.5 HRs (+360)
- He is slashing .333/.483/.644 with three home runs and six RBI this postseason
- Seager is 7-for-21 (.333) lifetime against Diamondbacks right-handed starter Zac Gallen
- Gallen has allowed six home runs in 22.0 IP this postseason
- Left-handed batters are hitting .368 with four home runs versus Gallen this postseason
- Seager hit 33 home runs in 119 games during the regular season, 23 of those long balls coming at home
TEX Nathan Eovaldi OVER 5.5 Strikeouts (+118)
- He has recorded 28 strikeouts in 26.0 IP this postseason
- He has struck out at least six batters in three of his four starts this postseason
- He has gone at least six innings in all four of his starts this postseason
- Arizona has struck out 116 times as a team in its 12 postseason games (9.7 K’s per game)
AZ Lourdes Gurriel Jr. OVER 0.5 HRs (+700)
- He is hitting .250 (12-for-48) with two home runs and six RBI this postseason
- Gurriel is 7-for-18 with two home runs and a 1.172 OPS in his career against Rangers right-handed starter Nathan Eovaldi
- Eovaldi posted a .245 opposing batting average against right-handed hitters during the regular season compared to .201 versus lefties
- Eovaldi allowed 15 home runs in 144.0 IP during the regular season, nine of those long balls coming against right-handed batters
- Gurriel hit a career-high 24 home runs in 145 games during the regular season
Stay ahead of the game and elevate your sports betting experience with SportsGrid.
MLB · 15 hours ago
Secrets of Shohei's Traveling Pants: Does Ohtani Already Know His Destination?
MLB · 16 hours ago
Dodgers Drama: Is LA Brass Throwing Dave Roberts Under the Bus on Ohtani Comments?
MLB · 7 days ago
Will Ohtani Sign With Dodgers, Rangers or Blue Jays at MLB Winter Meetings?
MLB · 8 days ago
Toronto's Time: Blue Jays Set to Dominate MLB Free Agency
MLB · 17 days ago
Yoshinobu Yamamoto: 5 MLB Teams in the Mix for the Japanese Star
MLB · 19 days ago
Shohei Ohtani Sweepstakes: 5 Dark Horse Teams in the Mix
MLB · 21 days ago
MLB Expands to Sin City: A's Set to Join Las Vegas Sports Scene
MLB · 22 days ago
Could This NL Central Team Swoop in and Land Shohei Ohtani?
MLB · 23 days ago
MLB NL Rookie of the Year Voting Totals
MLB · 23 days ago
MLB AL Rookie of the Year Voting Totals